Options for Men
Male Infertility affects 3 out of every 10 couples seeking fertility treatment. Diagnosis of Male Infertility is simple, and treatment options are just as easy. With our on-site fertility lab a Semen Analysis will have results within 48-72 Hours with a consultation with one of our doctors.
Common Causes of Male Infertility
- Sperm count (total number of sperm in a sample)
- Sperm concentration (number of sperm per milliliter of semen)
- Volume of semen the man produces
- Sperm Motility (number of sperm with the ability to move)
- Quality of Movement
- Sperm Shape
Treating Male Factor
There are many ways that Male Factor Infertility can be treated depending on the outcome of your test results:
- Intra-Unterine Insemination (IUI) - In some cases we may wash sperm and use an IUI procedure to inseminate, getting sperm closer to their goal line of reaching the egg.
- Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) - This is the process of taking one of your sperm and injecting directly into the egg, creating an embryo. The embryo is then transferred to your partner/recipient using In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
- Donor Sperm - In the event that there is no sperm present, donor sperm may be an option.
What Can You Do to Increase Your Sperm Counts?
There are a few things you can do at home easily that can increase your sperm counts.
- Wear Loose Fitting Pants and Underwear. This can help keep your Testes cool and increase sperm production.
- Quit Smoking. Studies have shown that smoking does affect your sperm production, and quitting can cause a significant increase in production.
- Reduce your Caffeine intake. Caffeine also does have an adverse affect on sperm production. By reducing your intake, you can see increased production and higher sperm count numbers.